A restricted call indicates the type of calls that we are unable to trace. If you are an Android or iPhone user, you must see the restricted calls appearing on your phone. These Calls are incoming calls, not outgoing. It is tough to find out the real number of a restricted call. That’s why we usually block the number on our phone. If you want to know how to find a restricted call, then go through this article accurately.
Restricted Call: How to Block It in Android and iPhone
The process to find a restricted phone number:
Usually, sometimes we receive restricted incoming calls that appear on our phones. Then, we block the number so that the number won’t appear on our phone for the next time.
If thou want, you can block the phone call’s origin only by dialing *67 before that specific number. You can restrict your call also when you don’t want someone to trace your call.
What will you do if you are facing the same issues? Here, we give some methods by following which you can find out the number of restricted calls.
Restricted Call Blocking
- Check your phone records: You can know the details of the restricted call by checking your phone number’s records at the end of the month. When you see your phone records, you can see all the incoming and outgoing calls. You can get your phone records from the cell phone providers. They have the full list of incoming and outgoing calls. You need to note down the exact time and date of the restricted call at the time of receiving calls. At the end of the month, thou can check the time and date with the phone records.
- Block restricted numbers: We usually block a number when we find it restricted. As soon as you block the number, the caller can’t call you. Therefore, they are unable to call after that. But overall, it is an effective way to get rid of the unwanted spam callers.
- Ask the caller: In case you have answered any restricted call, you can ask the identity of the caller. Sometimes, you can know about the caller by asking it. However, it doesn’t work all the time. But there remains a chance of getting the information about the caller
- Ask family members: Thou can ask your friends and family members to check the number whether they have also got such calls from the same number or not. You can take suggestions from a people who have already faced this situation.
- Ask the police to track the number: In case the number is harassing you, you can ask the police to take the necessary step. You need to give all the details i.e. number of the restricted call, time and date, entire phone record. They can easily track the number by using the advanced technology. Therefore, you can get real information about the number.
Process To Block A Number On iPhone:
Many procedures are there that let you know about the method of blocking a number on iPhone devices. If thou want to block any number on your iPhone, then follow the steps. But before this, you need to update your iPhone.
1) With the help of call history
Step 1: At first, thou have to open the Phone app.
Step 2: After going to the phone icon, you have to tap on the ‘?’ symbol. You can see this blue symbol next to the restricted call.
Step 3: At last, you need to select the ‘Block’ option to block the particular number.
2) Use Do Not Disturb
Step 1: First of all, thou have to open the settings option. Then, you need to click the option ‘Do Not Disturb.’
Step 2: Then, you have to click on the
‘Allow Call From.’
Next, select those numbers you want to allow, like your family members, close friends, etc.
When you set the ‘Do Not Disturb’ mode, ‘ you need to check the other options available in that page whether their settings are accurate or not.
At last, you have to turn on the option ‘Do Not Disturb’ available at the top of the page.
Procedure To Block A Number On Android
If you want to know about the method of blocking a number on an Android phone, go through the steps properly.
Step 1: First, open the Phone icon.
Step 2: Then, you have to tap on the restricted call. After that, click on the ‘?’ details.
Step 3: At last, select the number that you want to block or don’t allow to call you.
Conclusion: This article let’s you know about the restricted calls, how to know about them, and how to block the restrict calls on Android and iPhones. We hope you must get benefits after going through this article.
Restricted Call- Frequently Asked Questions:
- Should I receive restricted phone calls?
Nowadays, people usually don’t answer unknown numbers. However, if you think that you may get any necessary call from unknown number, then you can pick up the call.
- Can I trace a restricted call?
If you are getting harassed by any number, then you want to trace it. Usually, any private numbers, and restricted calls are traceable. If the number is unknown, unavailable, or out of the area, then you can’t trace the number due to lack of essential information.
- Can I call back a restricted number?
When we will call the last incoming or outgoing phone number, it comes automatically into your phone. But if you are using a landline, you need to dial 69 to call the last number. Or you can dial *#69 on a cellphone to call back a restricted number or any usual number.
- What does Restricted implement on an incoming call?
It implies that the caller doesn’t want to let you know his number. As a result, you cannot find out the number of the caller.