You have the first instinct to force your iPad hard reset when your iPad act up or encounter a bug. This great tip handles small bugs (from battery problems to UI glitches) on the operating system. When the iPhone or iPad reset, the data on the device is completely erased and restored to the factory reset iPad. In the following guide, we will explain the typical iPad hard reset cases.
The post deals with all iPad device models and discusses how you can do both a quick restart and an iPad hard reset. This post offers other resetting solutions for an iPad as well.
How to Restart iPad: All Possible Ways
iPad Soft Reset
The simplest reset can fix several minor problems during phone use. The Soft Reset will be the first reset and also the first step to address some issues while attempting to address a bug on the device. This reset takes the cell phone off and switches it on. The Soft Reset causes no data loss on the iPad.
iPad Hard Reset
A final reset typically tries to fix the problem after all resets have been attempted and unsuccessful. iPad Hard Reset intends to address serious iPad issues. iPad hard reset the device to default settings.
Difference between Soft Reset and iPad Hard Reset
- Soft reset fix troubles including not getting messages, device not working, phone hold, email issues, audio/video issues, incorrect time or settings, etc. In contrast, iPad Hard reset fix troubles reset when you will find your screen does not respond to tapping or your iPad freezes.
- You never lose any data, as you reboot your phone in soft reset while iPad hard reset wipes your device’s settings to revert it to its original setting.
- You can use soft reset with power buttons while iPad hard reset operations vary from phone to phone, as the operating system, the software version, and the model for iPad matter.
Factory Reset iPad
Whether after attempting iPad hard reset or soft reset, you still have trouble with your iPad, or even wiping your iPad before selling it, so you may like to learn how to factory reset iPad:
- Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Delete all material and settings.
- Tap Erase and verify the iPad.
- When the process is complete, the setup screen welcome as it was before you bought it. It may also configure as new, and you can also restore your backup data.
How To Factory Reset iPad If You Forgot Password With iTunes
iTunes is not only a music listening tool, but you can also use it for backing up iPhone/iPad and quickly restoring the device. You might restore the iPad from a device backup if you synced the iPad previously with iTunes. Follow the appropriate directions:
- Attach the iPad with the USB cable to your computer.
- Start iTunes and tap on the left side of the iTunes iPhone button. Fix it with appropriate methods if apple can’t recognize the iPad. When iTunes requests a passcode from the iPad, plug it out and move it to Section 2.
- In the right-hand column, click on “Back Up Now.” So when the backup is over, press “Restore Backup.”
- Pick your iPad and press the ‘Restore’ button to reset the iPad.
How to Factory Reset iPad, If You Forgot Password with Recovery Mode
If your iTunes backup is not available, you can still reset the iPad in its recovery mode without a passcode. Do it as the guidelines below:
- Tap the Sleep / Wake “button for a few seconds on your iPad unless you find a red slider. To turn off the iPad swipe towards the right.
- Keep down the “Home” button to turn on the iPad and hang on to the device with a USB cable while connecting it with the computer.
- Activate the “home” button anytime you see a pop-up saying “Connect to iTunes,” meaning that the iPad is now in recovery mode.
- Execute iTunes. Then you can see iTunes warning that it detects a recovery mode device.
Prepare iPad for Resetting
Just note a few things before moving to the backup options:
- You must disable Find My iPhone: settings > device name > iCloud > Find My iPhone > switch off before you erase material from the app.
- Upgrade it to the last edition, if you back up with iTunes.
What happens when you do an iPad hard reset?
It depends on the kind of configuration you select. Go to “Settings > General > Restart,” and your iPad will experience the following situations:
- Reset All Settings
- Erase All Content and Settings
- Reset Network Settings
- To Reset Keyboard Dictionary
- Reset Home Screen Layout
- Reset Location & Privacy
How do you reset an unresponsive iPad?
When you try to shut it off, iPad is unresponsive, and you have to reset it with the following:
Tap and hold Sleep / Wake as well as Home for at least 10 seconds at the same time, until the Apple logo shown.
How do I do a hard reset on my iPad Pro?
Press the volume up button for 1 sec and then press volume down for one second. Click and hold the Top button at least 5 seconds.
Wait until the Apple logo appears and then press the Top button.
If you install so many applications, iPads tend to misbehave and slow down. Luckily, Apple enables customers to configure the iPad in initial factory settings so they can experience the features of an all-new iPad with wiping. You choose a soft reset or a factory reset iPad, both the process is effortless.