The New Android O
Android O, Google’s new software, is official now. Nougat will be succeeded by Android O. Google has worked to bring out important changes that will have new functionality to the smartphones and tablets. Some of the new features of Android O include –
- The Android O software, designed in such a way that it will restrict the apps which runs on the backdrop when not in use, therefore increasing the battery life of the phone making it last longer.
- We need to deal with a lot of mess, making us confused, when we are notified from multiple apps, sometimes about unnecessary things and at times it can really be distracting. The new Android O software comes to the rescue as one of the feature includes grouping of notification. It will launch a snooze button that will help in case of meetings and will assist in prioritizing certain alerts of events over others depending on their importance.
- Another characteristic of the new software which can prove to be hugely popular among users using various online video sharing and streaming media websites is the picture in picture (PiP) method. In simpler words, the user can continue watching videos while operating any other app without pausing the video clip. A minimized video window will appear on the screen of your device.
- Google has also added programs that are capable of assisting in the upgradation of the accuracy of the audio output that is played through headphones or speakers.
- There will be no notable changes regarding the design but the app icons may slightly look different – the shape and size may vary.
Like the previous versions of Android O, it is expected that Google will name this new software after something sweet. The senior vice-president of Android has made cryptic references from which it can be concluded that Oreo is the current forerunner. The current version Nougat followed Cupcake, Donut, Eclair, Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean, Kitkat, Lollipop and Marshmellow.
The new software of Android O is available after its initial stages of development for downloading. However, the programs of this software are still worked upon so it is advisable that non-developers should not download it as it may damage the device wiping all the data. The second developer preview is scheduled to be out soon which will be of beta quality.
Android O will be available first on Google devices like the Nexus and the Pixel and then will roll out to brand new models from other brands. As the most used and favored Android platform Google needs to deliver the features that it’s millions of users want and hope for a positive review. The new handsets may come into the market by the end of the year.